5.09.2011

Getting excited!

So I just finished my junior year at Wheaton College... wow, how time flies. Now, I'm getting ready to participate in a Wheaton program called Human Needs & Global Resources, or just HNGR. This is how HNGR is described on its website:  

"In partnership with host organizations worldwide, HNGR combines classroom study with field-based service-learning internships in which students participate in transformational initiatives that enable people to live whole, secure, and productive lives. HNGR aims to promote in students a commitment to confronting human needs through their lifestyle and vocational decisions."


I am going to be doing an internship in Bethlehem, in the West Bank, from July through December, working with Holy Land Trust. Check out their website here. I will be doing Arabic language school for the month of June before arriving in Bethlehem in July. I am so excited to begin this crazy adventure of learning and discovery! Thanks for participating in this journey with me :)

Some highlights from this past year:


Amanda came to visit Wheaton!!!

St. Louis for spring break '11!

Awesome family time in California over winter break!

Roomies minus Fletch. My best friends!
Most epic snow storm ever, and my only Wheaton College snow day!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Wendy!! Keep working for the Lord! I will be praying for your safety, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey spaghetti face, thanks for sending this to me. I'll keep checking to see how things are going. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos, Wendy! I am excited to follow your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinda sad there isn't a picture from our soccer team on here......

    :-) anyways, I'm excited to read this!

    ReplyDelete