5.24.2011

Details, details, details....

There is now just one week until I leave! I am getting more excited every day. But I am also looking forward to this next week as I hang out with my family, friends, and tie up any loose ends.

My mom and I were able to fly up to New York last Thursday for my older sister's graduation. Anna graduated from SUNY Purchase on Friday, in one of the craziest and awesome graduations I've ever been to. Anyway, it was good to spend time with Anna and Nathanael (my brother-in-law) before I leave. We also spent time with Nathanael's family, which is always a good time.

On Saturday, the four of us drove to New Haven, Connecticut to see the Overseas Ministry Study Center (OMSC) where my parents are going to begin working in June. It was my first time there, so I loved seeing where my parents will be living and being able to meet some people at OMSC, including the current director, Jonathan Bonk. I'm also really excited for my parents to be so close to Anna and Nathanael... New Haven is only around an hour and a half drive from Westchester, where they live.

So yeah, when I say I'm tying up loose ends in St. Louis, I really mean it. Of course I'll be back here, since my church family and close friends will still be here, but our family is officially relocating to New Haven, CT.

So now we're back here (in St. Louis), and this upcoming week will just be taking care of some of the small details left for packing and such. Good thing my mom and I are so task-oriented! haha. Actually, it's kind of a joke with my friends who know my family how my mom always gets me packed like 1 month before I leave for a trip. This time I'm leaving for a bit longer, but thankfully we don't really have many things left to get or figure out. I really want my last few days here to be spent with family and friends rather than freaking out about small details that don't really matter in the end anyway.

Please continue to pray for me as I start saying goodbye to my St. Louis family and prepare to leave. Taking a big step into the unknown like I am preparing to do is an awesome time to affirm my faith in God's faithfulness and provision. Also, please check out the blogs of the other HNGR interns. We have a website with links to all the blogs here.

My last note would be to encourage all of you to keep updated on the U.S. policy towards Israel and Palestine as Obama has been articulating it over the past few days. Especially if you are an American, it is important to be aware of how your country is positioning itself on this issue.

Til next time.

1 comment:

  1. I was telling Chris how, somehow, I entered a discussion about Israel/Palestine the other night at church... gosh. I coulda used some Holy Lands expertise from you two! Praying for you as you prepare...

    ReplyDelete