Well, I have now been in Amman for nine days and, although I've really enjoyed being here, I am definitely ready to get back home to Palestine. Just the other day I was telling a friend that my time in Amman has been hard because I'm double homesick... Of course, I'm always missing my family and friends in the USA and around the world (especially my cute little unborn nieces in Korea!!) but now on top of that I've been missing my family and friends in Palestine. Not fun. But I have had a good time with my friends here in Amman, and I've been able to do a ton of Arabic tutoring, which has been amazing!
I've also been able to do some fun outings, including an awesome trip to Wadi Mujib last Friday with some friends. Wadi Mujib is basically a small river that runs through a canyon out in the desert, really close to the Dead Sea. We hiked up the river, including climbing up mini-waterfalls along the way, and then it ended in a big waterfall. Then we turned around and got to slide down the waterfalls we had climbed on the way up! It was an amazing and unique experience.
 |
| The beautiful entrance to the Wadi |
 |
| The girls, before we got completely soaked! |
 |
| One of the many waterfalls we got to climb and then slide down! |
To get back to the title of this post, I would like to ask all of you who are willing to remember to
pray for me Friday night/early Saturday morning (USA time) while I cross the border back into Palestine. It's really up in the air how easily i'm going to be able to get my visa, so please pray with me that the Israelis would give me a visa without much fuss. My blog will be shut down during this time, so if you try to access it and you're denied, let it remind you to pray for me! I know that whatever happens, the Lord will be present with me, and your prayers as well.
Hope to see you on the other side!
We'll pray you back into Palestine this weekend. Great pics!
ReplyDeletePraying for you now (and Friday night)
ReplyDeleteAnna
I love your adventures!! Those pictures are AMAZING. Praying!! love you :)))
ReplyDeleteI was going to pray for you, but then I thought I'd save it until tomorrow night.
ReplyDeleteSuch beauty!!