8.01.2011

Ramadan mubarak!

Blessings in Ramadan! Today marks the first day of the Islamic month of fasting, and here in Palestine, we set our clocks back one hour to mark the occasion. Nearby countries are simply waiting until October, but here the Muslims get a bit of a break (at least that's how they described it to me) and now the sun sets earlier! Since this is my first time in the Middle East during Ramadan, I'll try to keep you updated on some of my observations. Make sure to bless any of your Muslim friends with "ramadan mubarak!" if you see them soon.

Also, a random note. For any of you who don't know or have forgotten, I am putting up almost all of my pictures in a web album. You can access the album by clicking on the "pictures" link on the right side of the page. I try to put up pictures a couple of times a week.

Recent articles:

Israeli soldiers kill two civilians in refugee camp near Ramallah

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the reminder. actually I've already been able to use this tidbit of information in 2 different conversations!! -E

    ReplyDelete